You may know that Jio Reliance is famous for its Jio TV or amazing 4G service but I bet you do not know that it also released an Antivirus app. Unlike other Jio apps which are available on both Android and iOS, Jio Security is a special gift from Reliance Jio to Android users only. This app is an Anti Virus app winning App Adviser powered by Norton Mobile Insights protect you and your device 24/7.
Jio Security features
JioSecurity identifies dangerous websites and scans downloaded apps, app updates, and SD memory cards to detect and eliminate threats that are designed to steal your information for money. More importantly, Jio Security provides proactive virus protection against risky apps that could
1. leak your personal information and content
2. excessively use battery and data
3. have intrusive behavior to slow your device
Plus, Jio Security also helps you find your phone. It lets you send a text to your device that sets off a “scream” alarm, so you can find it fast if you misplace it. And if your mobile device is lost or stolen, you can remotely lock and locate it with a text or through any Web browser—and even erase your stuff, if necessary.
Protect up to 10 mobile devices: JioSecurity comes with a feature where 1 subscription can protect 10 mobile devices.
How to activate Jio Security
JioSecurity needs to be activated once installed. follow below simple steps:
- For Jio sim users, simply use “Skip Sign in” option to activate JioSecurity.
- Other sim or network users, get Jio ID to login in and activate.
- The primary device requires Jio SIM, with valid Jio ID (Other devices won’t require any).
- You get the Jio ID when you download and register for My Jio app. (Learn more here)
- Use the same Jio ID on any non-Jio devices, to activate JioSecurity and protect them against digital threats.
- The rest of the devices need not be using Jio network.
You can now install Jio Security app from Google Play Store now:click here or Jio Security apk. Unfortunately, this nice app is only available on Play Store, not on iTunes so I am afraid that iOS users will have to wait for another time.